Green Apple chutney is a delicious temporary chutney that can be made with Green apples and some indian spices.
- Green Apples 6
- Red chilli powder – 3tsp
- Mustard powder -3tsp
- Lemon juice -3tsp
- Salt as required
- Oil — 5tsp
- Mustard seeds -1/4tsp
- whole red chillies – 2nos
- Green chillies(optional)
- Garlic or Hing(optional)
- curry leaves ( few).
- cut green apples into tiny pieces.Soak them in lemon juice for 2hrs.
- To this add salt,redchilli powder,mustard powder and mix well.
- Finally add the tempering(Heat oil in pan and add curry leaves, whole redchillies and mustard seeds. At this stage you can add the optional ingredients) to the apples pieces.
- This pickle stays for a month if refrigerated.
- Goes well with Rice and any type of Indian bead.Enjoy!