Tindoora and chana dal is a very tasty combination and goes well with hot rice or any rotis.
- Tindoora -3cups
- Chana dal – 1cup
- Red chillies – 4
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1stp
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Onions – 2(medium)
- Tomatoes – 1cup
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
- Hing – pinch
- Corainder pwd – 1tsp
- Chilli pwd – 1tsp
- Salt as required
- Garam masala -1/2tsp(optional)
- Coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 3tsp
- Chop Tindoora into bite size pieces.Chop onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Boil chana dal with very little water ,they shoud be cooked just right not mushy.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan,add redchillies ,mustard seeds,cumin seeds in order.When the mustard starts spluttering add crushed garlic,onions,turmeric,Hing,curry leaves in order.
- Now add chopped tomatoes,chillipowder,coriander pwd,Tindoora and little water(abt 1/4cup),salt. Cook covered in medium heat for 10min till the tomatoes and Tindoora are cooked completely .
- Now add the boiled chana dal,mix well.
- Add garam masala at this stage if u are using.Mix well and cook for another 5 min uncovered.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice or any Indian bread.