Green chilli pickle ,almost instant pickle for chilli lovers,which goes well with a combination of rice and any dal.For this pickle pick chillies that are medium hot or milder.As far as I know the smaller the green chilli size ,the hotter it is.Here I picked the thin ,long ones( the Indian variety)
Green chillies – 15
Tamarind pulp – 1cup
Salt to taste
Mustard powder – 2tsp
Fenugreek seeds pwd – 1 tsp
Sesame seeds pwd – 3tsp
Hing – pinch
Oil – 4tsp
Turmeric pwd – 1tsp
- Wash and dry the green chillies without any traces of water.Make a slit in all the chillies lengthwise ,by keeping the stalk (do not cut completely as shown in the pic below)
- Heat oil in pan and fry the green chillies for 5min.Remove from oil and keep aside.
- In the same pan add tamarind pulp, salt,hing,turmeric pwd,mix well cook till the tamarind pulp thickens.To this add mustard pwd,fenugreek pwd and sesame seeds powder in order .
- Finally add the green chillies fried in oil , close the lid and cook for 3min.
- Let them marinate for 24 hrs and enjoy!
- Tastes good with hot rice and any dal.