Palak paneer is a famous paneer variety in North India everybody is fond of.This is my version of recipe for this curry.
- Palak – 1bunch
- Paneer – 1cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2nos
- Onions – 1(large)
- Tomato(chopped)- 1
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
- Redchillipowder – 1/2tsp
- Coriander pwd – 1tsp
- Cumin pwd – 1tsp
- Whole garam Masala( optional)
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Salt as required
- Cook spinach to boiling water just for 2 min , blend into a fine paste in a blender( spinach puree)
- Heat oil in pan, add whole garam masala, cumin seeds,onions ,salt and saute till the onions are translusent.
- Add ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder, tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are fully soft and cooked.
- Now add coriander powder,cumin powder,chilli powder,chopped green chillies ,spinach puree mix well ,cook till the oil oozes out on the surface.
- To this add fresh paneer pieces and cook for another 5 min and remove from stove.
- Garnish with cream.
- Goes well with any type of Indian bread.
- Some like to use fried paneer pieces,its up to you either fried or as it is.
- You can use garam masala powder instead of whole garam masala.