Brinjal is a versatile vegetable which when cooked with right ingredients tastes great and I love this vegetable for the reason it cooks really quick and easy to prepare.
- Brinjals – 6
- Tamarind pulp – 3tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3tsp
Fenugreek powder(Menthi gunda):
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1tsp
- Hing – 1/2tsp
- Whole red chillies – 4
- Heat 1 tsp of oil add chana dal,urad dal,coriander seeds,Hing,fenugreek seeds,redchillies in order , roast and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Cut brinjals into bite size pieces and boil them in water by adding tamarind juice,turmeric and salt till the brinjal pieces are just soft enough.
- Remove for water , drain them and keep aside.
- In a pan add 2 tsp of oil add brinjal pieces , sprinkle some salt and fry them till they are sligtly brown in color.
- Now to this add the ground powder and mix well and remove form stove.
- This goes well with hot plain rice.