This is my entry for this month’s Jihva for Toordal hosted by Linda of Out of the Garden
A dry dal variety which goes well with rice and chapathis too.
- Toor dal – 1cup
- Methi seeds – 3tsp
- Onions – 1(large)
- Tamarind pulp – 2tsp
- Green chillies – 3
- Garlic – 3
- Sugar – 1/2tsp(optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Oil – 2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Boil Toor dal and fenugreek seeds together in 1.5cup water.The dal should be cooked just right not too soft.Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera,mustard seeds,curry leaves,chopped garlic,onions ,green chillies and fry till the onions are soft.
- Now to this add cooked Toordal ,turmeric powder,salt,sugar mix well and cook for 3min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves at the end.
- This goes well with chapathis and rice too.
Links to my other posts with Toor dal