Macaroni Okra curry ,is a wonderful combination of Macaroni ,Okra and Indian spices.
- Macaroni – 1cup
- Chopped Okra/Bhendi – 2cups
- Onions – 1(large)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Greenchillies – 3
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Oil – 3tsp
- Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
- Boil Macaroni in 5 cups of water by adding salt and a tsp of oil. After the macaroni is cooked strain and tranfer into cold water. (This helps the macaroni not stick to each other.)
- Meanwhile heat oil (2tsp) in a pan ,add seasoning ingredients,after the mustard seeds splutter, add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- To this add curry leaves,green chillies,chilli powder,turmeric, cut okra, salt, ginger garlic paste one after another, cover and cook for 5min or until the okra is soft and done.
- Finally drain the macaroni from cold water and add to the cooked okra ,mix well and cook for another 2min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
- This goes well with rotis and even rice too.
Macaroni — choose the smallest size as there are so many shapes and sizes here compared to the Bambino Macaroni which has one standard size.