This is one of my favourite vegetables.This is my first time I tried this
curry and it came out delicious.
- Pumpkin – 2cups(peeled and cubed)
- Tomato – 1 Big (chopped)
- Onions -2 medium(chopped)
- Jaggery – 1tsp (grated)
- Green chillies – 2
- Red chiilies – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Coriander(dhania) powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Garlic – 4 (mashed)
- Curry leaves – 10
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 3tsp
- Heat 2 – 3 tsp of oil in a pan.Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add cumin seeds,dry red chillies,urad dal,garlic and curry leaves and fry till golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till transparent.
- Now to this add 2 cups of cubed pumpkins,tomatoes,turmeric ,green chillies and salt and let it cook covered on low heat for 15min.
- Add red chilli powder,coriander powder and jaggery and mix well.
- Add 1/2cup water, cover and cook on medium heat till pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice and rotis too.