Lemon pickle with urad dal is a simple yet delicious pickle recipe.I followed the recipes posted by Asha of Foodie’s hope and Anusha of Talimpu. Thanku Anusha and Asha for sharing this wonderful recipe .We are still enjoying this pickle…..
- Lemons – 4
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 4 to 5
- Mustard seeeds – 1tsp
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Hing – pinch
- Heat oil in a pan add red chillies,after a while add urad dal and a pinch of hing fry them till the dal turns brown.
- Cool the dal and grind it alobg with red chillies into a coarse powder.
- Cut the lemon into thin pieces and add salt to it.
- Now to this add ground urad dal powder and season with mustard seeds and oil.
- This tastes delicious with rice or roti.