Jhiva for Ingredients ——- “Rice ” for the month of September
This is my entry for JFI “Rice” hosted by Sharmi of Neivedyam.
Capsicum rice is very simple and easy rice variety made with a combination of Indian spices.
U can follow the same method with other vegetables like Egplant,Tindoora,potato too.Enjoy!
- Cooked rice – 3cups
- Capsicums -2 (big size)
- Ghee/oil – 2tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Roasted peanuts for garnish.
Roast the following ingredients in ghee and grind them into a powder along with grated coconut.
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Cinnamon stick -1″
- Peanuts – 2tsp
- Grated coconut – 1tsp
- Ghee(clarified butter) – 2tsp
- Lemon juice – 1tsp(optional)
- In a wide bottom pan heat oil /ghee,add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- After the mustard starts spluttering add capsicum pieces and cook for 5min.(Do not over cook the capsicum)
- To this add the above ground powder , salt and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and add the cooked rice and combine with the mixture and salt well.
- Turn off the stove ,add roasted peanuts at the end, mix well and serve with raita or any gravy of your choice.