Last weekend I happened to watch telugu program online in Maa Tv “Maa Oori Vanta”.I liked this program ,u get to know the traditional recipes in different parts of the state.This curry is called Vankaya mavidikaya bajji koora and this is a famous traditional curry in parts of Nellore district( Andhra Pradesh).When I heard the name I thought she was going to make bajjis(fretters) out of it as the name suggested but she did not.This recipe looked interesting to me bcos this has a combination of my favourite vegetables and it tasted really great.Try this and enjoy!
Here goes the recipe as on Tv……
- Purple or green Brinjals – 4
- Onions – 2(medium)
- Tomatoes – 2
- Mango – 1(small)
- Green chillies – 4
- Red chilli powder – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Tamarind juice – 2tsp
- Salt as required
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Oil – 3tsp
- Cut the brinjals,onions,tomatoes and mango into equal size pieces.
- In a cooking pot boil Brinjals,Mango,Tomato and Onions along with tamarind juice and green chillies and a little water till they are completely soft and cooked.
- Add salt and chillipowder to the boiled vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add the seasoning ingredients, after the mustard starts spluttering add the boiled vegtables to this ,mix well and cook for 2 to 3 min.
- This curry goes well with rice.
U can use raw or a little ripe mango doesnt matter.