Pesara punukulu or Moong dal bajjis is my all time favourite snack my mom used to make in the evenings.The same batter we use for Pesarattu or Moong dal dosa is used to make the punukulu.
- Green gram dal(pesalu) – 3cups
- Onions -2 (medium)
- Ginger – small piece
- Green chillies – 8
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak green gram dal over night.
- Grind it with green chillies,ginger and salt(thick batter like vada).
- Chop onions and add to this.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take a spoonful of batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry until brown and enjoy with any chutney(coconut,peanut or ginger)