Kanda bachalikura is a traditional South Indian curry(especially in Andhra Pradesh) which is a combination of yam and chinese spinach cooked with a touch of Indian spices.This is my all time favourites.
- Kanda(yam) – 2cups(I used the frozen cubical ones here)
- Chinese spinach -1bunch
- Mustard powder – 1tsp
- Tamarind pulp – 2tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 3tsp
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Hing -pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chillies – 3
- Clean and chop the chinese spinach.
- Boil the yam(kanda) and bachalikura(chinese spinach) together in a pressure cooker without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the ingredients for tempering ,add tamarind pulp and the cooked kanda and spinach to this.Add salt ,mix well and cook for 10min and remove from stove.
- After it is cooled a little add the mustard powder and mix well.
- This curry goes well with rice.
The mustard powder shd not be added when on stove.