This is my entry to Trupti’s Spring Fling 2007 Family and Friends in the Kitchen
I am fond of any indian sweets especially the easy and simple ones indian moms make at home like gulab jamoon ,mysore pak and rava laddoo. I dont make much sweets as my husband is not fond of sweets and finally I end up eating all by myself. Here I am posting a recipe for Rava laddoo which my hubby dear made this weekend to surprise me! as he thought I was missing the home made sweets made with desi ghee.Heeee.
Usually on weekends I am out of kitchen and my husband cooks a simple yet delicious meal for us.So after reading the family and friends in the kitchen event thought would be a great idea to make my husband part of this food blogging event.
Anyways coming to the recipe….
- Rava(semolina) – 2cups
- Sugar – 2cups
- Ghee(clarified butter) – 1/2cup
- Cashews – 2tsp
- Raisins – 2tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2tsp
- Milk – 1/2cup
My hubby making laddoos
- Heat 1tsp ghee in pan and fry cashew and raisins and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the remaining ghee &roast the rava till golden brown,add sugar and milk to this and mix well without any lumps.
- Remove from stove and combine the roasted cashews and raisins together to the rava and make round balls when its still warm and enjoy!
- These stay good for 2 to 3days if stored in air tight container.
Some more laddoos