Onion pakodas(Fritters) are a famous snack all over India and is very simple to make.
- Onions – 3
- Red Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Besan – 2cups
- Green chillies(optional)
- Baking soda(optional)
- Rice flour – 1/2cup
- Salt as required
- Oil – for frying
- Cut the onions into thin slices.
- Add salt and rub nicely into the onions.
- Now add the besan,chilli powder, chopped green chillies and mix.
- Add minimum water possible(adding salt to the onions in the beginning gives some water in the onions).
- Take 1tsp of the mix and drop in hot oil.Fry till brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney.