Brinjal,known as king of vegetables is liked by everyone and is very versatile vegetable and can be cooked with a variety of other vegetables and .This is one of my favorites and my mom’s recipe.
- Purple brinjals – 10
- Onions – 2(large)
- Red chillies – 3
- Corinader seeds – 2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2tsp
- Oil – 3 to 4tsp
- Chop onions into small pieces and grind the onions along with coriander,cumin and red chillies into a smooth paste.
- Add salt to the onion paste and mix well.
- Wash and slit each brinjal into four sections length wise without cutting off the crown.
- Now stuff all the brinjals with Onion paste.
- Heat oil in pan and slowly place all the stuffed brinjals in the pan.
- Sprinkle few drops of water on the brinjals and cover them with a lid and cook on low flame.
- Stir occasionally gently till the brinjals are cooked and soft .
- Remove the lid and cook for few minutes till the (extra) water evaporates.
- Tastes great with rice or chapathis.