Brinjal/eggplant is a vegetable which can be cooked in combination with other vegetables in a variety of ways. This is one of my all time favourite vegetables and besides the stuffed varieties the combination with cauliflower with some seasoning ingredients tastes wonderful and is quick & easy currry to prepare.
- Long purple brinjals – 3
- Cauliflower – 1(medium)
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 1(large)
- Green chillies – 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4tsp
- Coriander chopped – 2tsp
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Hing – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Chop brinjals,onion and tomatoes into equal size pieces and slit the green chillies length wise.
- Cut and wash the cauliflower florets too.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a deep frying pan ,add the seasoning ingredients,after the mustard starts spluttering,add onions and fry till tranlucent.
- To this add tomatoes,brinjals,cauliflower and green chillies in order.
- Cover and cook by adding salt till all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Finally add red chilli powder and garnish with coriander leaves at the end.
- This curry goes well with plain rice or rotis(indian bread).