Bajjis are one of the famous indian snacks which does not consume much time and energy in preparation.They are Indian fritters prepared with Besan/gram flour and generally a vegetable( the choice of vegetables used in Bajjis are endless like cauliflower,leafy vegetables,potato and peppers.)Here i have used Brinjal as a vegetable to make these bajjis.
- Brinjals – 4(any kind of brinjals can be used purple or green)
- Oil for deep frying
- Besan -2cups
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Vamu -1/2tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together for the batter by adding sufficient amount of water(it shd not be too thick or too watery).
- Heat oil in wok/pan on the medium flame.
- Slice the brinjals into thin elongated pieces and dip them in the batter and deep fry in oil till golden brown on medium heat, keep turning them with a slotted spoon so that they are brown throughout, cooked both inside and out.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain them on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy hot with tomato ketchup or any indian chutney.