Raw mango and coconut chutney otherwise called kobbarikaya mavidikaya pachadi is one of the traditional and authentic chutneys in Andhra Pradesh(S.India)usually eaten with plain hot rice.It is a very simple and easy to make, which has a tangy sweet flavor tastes best when eaten on the same day it is prepared.
- Raw Mango pieces – 1/2 cup
- Freshly grated coconut – 1cup
- Green chillies – 3 to 4
- Salt to taste
For seasoning or tempering:
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Hing – pinch
- Oil – 1tsp
- Dry Red chillies -2(optional)
- Grind the coconut,mango pieces , sauted green chillies and salt by adding very little water to a coarse mixture in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan add the seasoning ingredients ,after the mustard starts spluttering add this to the above ground mixture and mix well.
- This tastes good with hot plain rice ore even with dosas or idlis.