Raw mango can be used to make a lot of varieties like dal,pickles,chutneys,juices,rice.This is the first time i tried this raita and it was very yummy….
[Recipe source: Internet with little modifications]
- Raw Mango -1(medium)
- Fresh curd/Plain yoghurt – 300gm
- Green chillies – 3
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Urad dal – 1/4tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Whole red chillies -2
- Peel and grate the raw mango.Sprinkle 1/4tsp salt over it and leave it for a few minutes.
- After a while, squeeze the water from the grated mango.
- Add salt and grated mango to the yoghurt or curds(it shd be thick consistency not watery).
- Heat oil in a pan add the seasoning ingredients and green chillies, after the mustard starts to splutter,remove from stove and add this to the above curd mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves in the end.
- This raita can be served as a dip or fried rice.