This Punjabi dish, with some variation in spices, is eaten over all of northern India. Paneer is a fresh milk cheese with an interesting, slightly chewy consistency.Everybody enjoys paneer dishes,either vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
- Paneer – 200gms
- Peas – 1cup
- Onion – 1(chopped)
- Tomato -1(chopped)
- Green chillies -2
- Coriander leaves – 2tsp(chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1/3tsp
- Turmeric/haldi – 1/4tsp
- Oil – 2tsp
- Garam masala(optional)
- Heat oil in deep pan, add chopped onions,tomato and cook till soft.
- Now add peas,red chillipowder,turmeric and mix well.Add i/3cup water and cover the lid.
- Cook for 5min ,when peas are tender,add chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Add paneer pieces and salt and mix well.Cook for 2minutes.
- Add garam masala ,mix well at this stage if u wish to.Romove from heat.
- This goes well with parathas .