Ridge gourd is one of the indian gourd varieties which is easy to cook and it is rich in fiber.This is one of my favourite vegetables which does not take much time to cook.Here this chutney is made exclusively with the skin of the vegetable.
- Ridgegourd thokku – 2cups
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Green chillies – 3
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind pulp – 2tsp
- Oil – 2tsp
- Chana dal – 1/2tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Peel the skin of the Ridgegourd and wash thoroughly in water,after that squeeze the water completely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in deep skillet add the peel of ridgegourd,green chillies and garlic and saute till soft.
- Now grind them to a paste adding tamarind pulp and salt(do not add any water).
- Finally add the seasoning ingredients to the grounded paste.
- This chutney tastes good with rice or dosa.