This is my entry for RPs JFI “Tomatoes”
Toor dal is a common dal cooked by indians with a combination of vegetables.Here I am posting the one cooked with tomato.This goes well with rice or rotis.Enjoy!
- Toor dal – 2cups
- Tomatoes – 3
- Green chillies – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Cumin -1tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods crushed or Hing (pinch)
- Red chillies -2
- Oil – 2tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Dry roast toor dal in a pan,wash and cook in pressure cooker along with tomatoes,greenchillies,turmeric and chilli powder.
- Heat oil in a sauce-pan and add the ingredients for seasoning and to this mash and add the cooked dal ,salt and cook for another 5min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves at the end and remove from stove.
- This dal goes well with plain hot rice