This curry is common in every south indian households.It is called Bangaladumpa(potato)upma curry as the same ingredients used for Upma are used for seasoning.This is generally cooked at the weddings in south India .This is very simple and good for those who do not like elaborate and time consuming cooking.
- Potatoes – 4
- Onions – 1(medium)
- Green chillies – 2
- Turmeric – 1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Ginger -1″ piece
- Chana dal – 1tsp
- Urad dal – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Cumin -1tsp
- Asafoetida- pinch
- Curry leaves -few
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1tsp
- Wash,cut(into cubes),boil and peel the potatoes.
- Cut the onions,green chillies,ginger into small pieces.
- Heat oil in pan add the seasoning ingredients after the musatrd starts spluttering add onion,green chillies,ginger pieces and fry till the onions are translucent.
- To this add the boiled potatoes,turmeric ,salt and mash the potatoes a little and mix with all other ingredients properly.
- Remove from stove and garnish with coriander leaves and also add lemon juice before serving.
- This goes well with rice or puri.