Sugar snap peas is a vegetable that has a crispy texture and a sweet flavor. They should be served raw or only cooked for a short time for them to retain their crispness. These are also called “sugar peas.” They resemble in shape to the regular indian broad beans except for the sweet flavor.Here i tried to cook these with sesame seeds powder(nuvvu podi) and it tasted great.
- Sweet peas – 3cups
- Sesame seeds/Nuvvulu -1cup
- Dry red chillies – 4
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Wash and cut the sweet snap peas into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and red chillies ,let it cool and grind them into a powder.
- Heat oil in a pan add the peas and salt & cook until they are soft and crispy.
- To this add the ground powder,curry leaves mix well and cook for another 5 min and remove from stove.
- This goes well with plain rice and chapathis.