Carrot is one of the only vegetable i think indians might like to eat raw.Otherwise indians as far as i know prefer cooking every vegetable with a touch of indian spices. Here i am posting a simple recipe of carrot cooked with senagapappu/chana dal.
- Chopped carrots – 3cups
- Senagapappu/Chana dal – 1cup
- Green chillies – 3
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2tsp
- Soak chana dal for about 30min in water.
- Heat oil in skillet and add mustard seeds,green chillies,curry leaves. After the mustard starts to splutter add chopped carrots and salt and cook till they are soft.
- To this add the soaked chana dal and cook for another 10min.
- Tastes good with rice or any indian bread.