Poornam boorelu and bobbattlu both are my all time favourite sweets(generally a must festival preparations in south india) regarding boorelu i always had this misconception that it is very difficult to prepare and only experienced people can do, but actually it is easy .
- Urad dal – 1cup soaked for 5 hrs
- Rice flour – 1.5cups
- Chana dal soaked – 1cup
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup shredded
- Fresh coconut – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2tsp
- Pressure cook chanadal with 1/4 cup water.
- Add enough jaggery, coconut and cardamom powder to the cooked chanal dal and mix.
- Make small balls with this mixture and keep aside.
- Grind urad dal into fine paste and add rice flour, salt to it. The batter should be little bit thick. Dip each chana dal ball into the batter and carefully dip the ball coated with urad dal batter into the hot oil and fry until the ball becomes golden color.
- Can stay fresh for a week or so if refrigerated