A spicy sweet and sour sauce with onions. This is one of the most liked dishes in Andhra Pradesh(S.India). This is generally mixed with rice and little ghee.Goes absolutely well with appadam or jantikalu or vadiyams.
- Pearl onions -15
- Oil – 2tsp
- Green chillies – 3
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Tamarind juice – 3tsp
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Jaggery – about 2 tsp
- Besan – 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Menthulu – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Peel the onions and wash them.
- Heat oil in cooking pan and add seasoning ingredients along with chilli powder.
- When the mustard starts splutter, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Pour tamarind juice and water.Add salt,jaggery,green chillies simultaneously and cook till the onions are soft.
- When the onions are fully cooked add little besan to thicken the pulusu.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
Stays fresh and good for upto 24hrs after cooked.After that refrigeration is required.