Tomato and onion yoghurt chutney is called Tomato perugu pachadi in telugu(S.India).We can make yoghurt chutneys with almost all vegetables.
- Tomatoes – 3 medium sized
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Green chillies -3
- Plain yogurt – 2 cups
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 spring(optional)
- Dried red chili – 1 no(optional)
- Salt – acc to your taste
- Chop onion ,green chillies and tomatoes into thin long strips.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, when the seeds start sputtering add in the dried red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onion and tomatoes,green chiilies to the pan along with turmeric and salt. Fry them until the water generated is completely evaporated. Let it cool off a bit. Add it to the yogurt.
- Serve it with white rice/roti. This can also be used as a dip.