Masala vada is one of the standard snack of south indian community.These are otherwise called chana dal fritters.
- Chana dal/Senagapappu – 3 cups
- Green chillies – 8
- Ginger -small piece
- Onions – 2(medium)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak chana dal for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind it coarsely with green chillies and ginger and salt. Chop onions and coriander leaves into small pieces , add this to the ground chana dal batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take a small amount(size of lemon) of batter and flatten it with your palms on a plastic sheet.
- Drop this into oil and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup,coconut chutney or ginger chutney.