Beetroot also called beets can be eaten raw. You just need to peel it and it’s ready to use.Beetroot can add a refreshing touch to a salad, a sandwich (try it with cheese!) or as an accompaniment to other vegies.Beetroot’s main benefits are that it contains no fat, very few calories and is a great source of fiber.Here i have given the recipe for beetroot cooked with shredded coconut with a little touch of indian spices.
- Beetroots – 4
- Shredded coconut – 1/2cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Red chillies – 2
- Cut beetroot into cubical pieces.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When mustard starts spluttering add beet root and salt and cook till the beetroot is soft and cooked
- Add shredded coconut and mix well before removing from stove.
- This tasty and healthy curry goes well with chapathis or rice.