Dosakaya/Cucumber dal is a type of dal cooked with yellow lentils and indian cucumber (round yellow one) especially famous in Andhra Pradesh(S.India).
- Dosakaya/yellow cucumber – 1
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Tamrind pulp – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies – 2
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Jeera – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Garlic pods – 2
- Fry the toor dal in a tsp of oil ,wash and boil in a cup of water in pressure cooker.
- Wash & clean Cucumber and remove all the seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Boil separatelly cucumber pieces in a cup of tamarind water along with green chillies,curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- After the dal is cooked add to the cucumber pieces and also add salt to it.
- Finally add the seasoning ingredients(heat a tsp of oil in a pan and add urad dal,jeera,mustard seeds,methi seeds,curry leaves,garlic pods) to the above dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves the end.
- Tastes good with plain rice.
* if u wish u can peel the cucumber or cook even without peeling too.