Vegetable puff is a healthy snack made of all types of vegetables stuffed in pastry sheets or spring roll sheets.
- Pastry sheet- 1sheet (pepperidge farm is good)
- Potatoes – 4(medium)
- Carrots – 2
- Beans – 1/2 cup
- Beet root – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 1 (large)
- Green chillies – 4
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt as required
- Oil – 1tsp
* u can also use spring roll sheets instead of pastry sheets.
- Chana dal – 1/2tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera – 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Take a pastry sheet from freezer and thaw for 30minutes.
- Boil the potatoes,peel and cut into small pieces or mash them.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients.When mustard seeds starts spluttering add chopped onions,beet root,beans,carrots,green chillies and fry for 10 min then add turmeric,salt,coriander powder.
- To this add mashed potatoes and fry for 10min. Also add coriander leaves.
- Slowly unfold the pastry sheet and cut into 9 square pieces.Roll each piece with rolling pin to make it little thinner.
- Put about 2tbsp of vegetable curry in each of them,close the three sides applying little water over the edges.
- Preheat oven to 35o degree fahreheit.Place the prepared puffs on a baking tray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes(adjust according to your oven)
- Tastes good when warm with tomato ketchup.