This ridge gourd curry is a very simple recipe made of ridgegourd and tomato.
- Beerakayalu(Ridgegourd) – 4(medium size)
- Onions – 2
- Tomotoes – 2
- Turmeric – 1tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves -4
- Oil – 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,curry leaves and to this add chopped onions,beerakayalu/ridge gourd and saute till tender.
- Add turmeric,then chopped tomatoes,salt and red chilli powder and stir.
- Cook till everything is cooked.
- This is regular and simple curry made in south indian households and tastes good with rice or chapathis.