The indian bread(chapathis) are eaten with different types of curry/gravy .Generally vegetarians make the curry/gravy with mix of potatoes and other vegetables along with a blend of indian spices
- Banana peppers – 4
- Tomatoes – 4
- Red potatoes – 5
- Onion -1(large)
- Gasagasalu/poppy seeds -1/4cup
- Cumin-coriander seed-clove-cinnamon powder – 2tsp
- Red chilli powder -1/2tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Turmeric -1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Minced garlic – 2
- Few curry leaves
- Heat in a sauce pan 1tsp oil and add the seasoning ingredients.
- To this add and saute chopped onion,tomatoes,peeled and cubed potatoes and peppers cut into small rings crosswise.
- Stir in finely powdered poppy seeds,cumin-coriander seed-clove -cinnamon powder,salt and chilli powder and turmeric.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20min, stirring in-between.
- When the gravy reaches the consistency u desire turn off the heat.
- Let the curry sit for 10minutes and serve warm.
- Tastes superb with chapathis or with rice.