Pesarattu, one of the most common breakfast prepared in South India. Combo of pesarattu and Upma with spicy Ginger Chutney goes well. This is made just like dosa with whole green gram dal.
- Whole Moong dal/Pesalu – 1cup
- Green chillies – 4
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Cumin seeds – 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak whole moong dal/pesalu for 5-6 hrs and grind it into fine paste adding green chillies and ginger to it.
- Add salt to the batter and prepare pesarattu similar to dosa.
- Heat the pan, apply little oil on the pan thoroughly to avoid sticking, pour a spoonful of batter on the pan and spread in a round circular motion, should be thin.Drizzle little bit of oil around the edges and top.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions,green chillies, cumin seeds and grated ginger on the pesarattu.
- Remove it when light brown in color. Prepare another by spraying little bit of water on the pan.Serve hot and can have as it is without any chutney.
- Even Peanut Chutney goes well. Can also serve with Upma and Ginger Chutney.