- Goruchikkudu kayalu(Cluster/Gawar beans) – 2cups
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Onion -1(medium size)
- Green chillies – 3
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 count
- Hing -pinch
- Oil – 5tsp
- Cut the cluster beans into one inch pieces with ends stringed and boil them in a pot with 2cups water covered for 5min and quickly drain them in a colander.Do not overcook,they become flabby and tasteless.
- Soak the moong dal in 2cups water for 2hrs and grind it into a paste along with green chilles.
- Take a pan,add 3tsp of oil , add mustard seeds ,hing ,curry leaves .
- To this add the chopped onions .Fry until onions become brown and add the moong dal paste to this.
- Keep mixing until the paste becomes dry and add oil when required and finally add the boiled cluster beans and cook for another 5min.
Tastes good with rice or chapathi.