- French beans – cleaned and chopped
- Oil – 3tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
- Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Red chillipowder – 1tsp
- Coconut – fresh grated or frozen is also fine
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4
- Clean and chop the beans into half inch pieces.
- In a pan take 3tsp of oil and add chana dal, jeera/cumin ,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- After the mustard starts spluttering add chopped beans and cook for 15min or until beans are almost cooked.
- Add and stir turmeric,salt,chillipowder and grated coconut and remove from heat.
- Very simple curry to make and goes well with rice or roti.