- Redgram dal – 1cup
- Mullangi((radish) – 1
- Big onion – 1
- Small tomatoes – 2
- Jeera – 1tsp
- Sambhar powder – 2tsp
- Tamarind pulp – 2tbsp
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Small bunch of curry leaves
- Coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Wash and cook Redgram dal in the pressure cooker till soft. (3 whistles).
- Heat the oil in a pan,and put jeera and mustard seeds and asafoetida. When they start spluttering put the finely chopped onions and saute them.
- Wash curry leaves and put them along with the onions.
Then put diced tomatoes and sliced mooli. Mix them with the spoon and keep on the heat for 5 minutes till the mooli becomes soft.
- Put the sambar powder, red chilli powder and salt. Then add the the tamarind water and add cooked dal and boil it for 15 minutes keep stirring occationally.
- Garnish with coriander leaves at the end.
Serve it hot with rice or Dosa or idlis.