Dosakaya (Yellow cucumber), a small, round-shaped light green to bright yellow colored vegetable, with a crisp crunchy skin and a mild sweet-tarty taste, is used to prepare traditional Andhra delicacies like dosakaya pappu , dosakaya pachadi and dosa avakai. Dosa Avakai is an old Andhra culinary tradition which is made on the same lines as the famous Andhra Avakai or Mango Pickle. The only difference being dosa avakai takes lesser time in terms of preparation, less laborious and is ready to be consumed within 24 hours of preparing the pickle unlike avakai which takes 6-7 days.
- Cucumber(Dosakaya) – 1(medium size)
- Red chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Mustard powder – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 4tsp
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces,sprinkle salt on it and keep them aside for 10min.
- Check the cucumber pieces and remove the water that has drained from cucumber pieces.
- Heat the oil a little and mix all the ingredients along with oil into the cucumber pieces.
- It tastes good with rice and stays for a week if stored properly.