- Urad dal – 1cup
- Rice – 2cups
- Poha /cooked rice – 1fistful
- Oil – 1tsp
- Soak the dal and rice for 7 – 8 hrs.
- Then grind it into a smooth batter using water in a grinder,while grinding add fistful of poha or cooked rice.
- Add water and adjust the consistency,shoud’nt be too thick.
- Add salt to the batter.
- Heat dosa skillet/tava,apply a little bit of oil for the first time to the tava.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the skillet and spread it out quickly in a circular motion as shown below.
- Let it heat for couple of minutes and then carefully remove using a spathula.
- Plain dosas with peanut or onion chutney or even coconut chutney is delicious.