Cabbage coconut curry is a south indian recipe made of shredded cabbage and coconut.
- Shredded Cabbage — 3 cups
- Mustard Seeds — 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal – 1/4tsp
- Grated Fresh Coconut — 1 cup
- Green Chilies — 2 medium
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
- Cooking Oil — 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- In a pot add one cup of water to shredded cabbage, turmeric powder, half ginger piece,cover with lid and boil until water evaporates or u can boil in a pressure Cabbage coconut recipecooker.
- In a skillet heat oil and add chana dal and mustard seeds.When they pop, add sliced green chilies,chopped ginger pieces and curry leaves.
- Next add cabbage and stir for 10 minutes on medium heat. Finally add the shredded coconut and cook for 5min.
- Goes well with white rice or even chapathis.