Onion chutney is a very simple and quick chutney which is good for idli or any kind of dosa.
1. Red /yellow onion – 2 (Large )
2.Garlic – 1pod
3.Turmeric – 1/4tsp
4.Whole Red chiilles – 3 nos
5.Salt to taste
6.Lemon juice – 1/4 tsp
1.Urad dal – 1/4tsp
2.cumin seeds – 1/4tsp
3.Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
4.curry leaves – few
In a saute pan,add 1 tsp of oil and add red chiilies,onions,garlic,turmeric and salt in order and saute until the onions are transparent. Let it cool and add lemon juice and grind to a paste in a blender. Finally add the tempering ingredients and serve.
Onion chutney with a blend of red chillipowder and tamarind pulp is very tasty and goes well with any kind of dosa and idli and easy to make instantly without any elaborate process.
Red onion – 1 (large)
Curry leaves – 10
Coriander leaves – 1 stalk
Red chiulli powder – 2tsp
Tamarind pulp – 3tsp
Sugar – 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
- Chop onions into small pieces.
- In a blender, add onion,tamarind pulp,curry leaves,coriander leaves,red chilli powder and salt.
- Grind coarsely all the ingredients.
- Do not add water and also make sure to add thick tamarind pulp.
- Do not use yellow onions that ruins the chutney,try to use red onions( preferbly).