Cauliflower pickle is a temporary pickle which is simple to make and tastes great with curd rice.
- Cauliflower florets – 2cups
- Red chilli powder - 2tsp
- Salt – 2tsp
- Garlic pods – 4
- Lemon juice – 3tsp
- Fenugreek seeds -2tsp(Dry roasted and ground)
- Oil – 4tsp
- Chana dal – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/4tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Soak cauliflower florets in hot water for 15min.
- Remove the florets from water and to this add lemon juice and salt and leave it for 30min.
- Heat oil in pan add the seasoning ingredients, after the mustard starts spluttering add garlic pods and remove from heat.
- Add the seasoning ingredients to the cauliflower florets(marinated in lemon juice and salt) along with fenugreek powder,chillipowder and mix well.
- This pickle tastes good after a day or two.This goes well with rice especially curd rice and rotis too.
This pickle stays for a week if refrigerated.