Cabbage is a vegetable most of the people do not like, but cooked with the correct blend of indian spices tastes wonderful. Traditional south indian cooks are experts in making any vegetable taste good. Here is a simple recipe with cabbage and moong dal.
- Cabbage - 1 (medium)
- Moong dal/pesarapappu – 1cup
- Ginger -1″ piece
- Green chillies – 4
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak moong dal in water for 15min.
- Chop the cabbage into fine pieces.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan add mustard seeds,ginger pieces,green chillies and curry leaves.
- After the mustard seeds starts spluttering add the cabbage and salt by adding 1/2cup of water and cook till the cabbage is soft.
- Now add the soaked moong dal and mix well with cabbage & cook till all the water evaporates.
- This curry tastes good with rice or chapathis.
- U can do all this process in pressure pan too for about 2 whistles or so.
- Adding ginger is a must as the raw smell of cabbage is gone with the use of ginger.